Divisional Director Makran (Muhammad Abduhoo Khalid)
Deputy Director SW (Qadeer Ahmed) Social Welfare Officers
Deputy Director CPC Child Protection Centre Muhammad Assa Assistant Director
Deputy Director SE Special Education BilqeesQadir Senior Teachers NiazAhmed
Child Protection Officer CPU Child Protection Unit) (WaqarAhmed)
District Literacy Officer (Rabia Habib)
Deputy Director SW Social Welfare Muhammad Essa Social Welfare Officers
District Literacy Officer Obaidullah
Deputy Director SW Khadija Akbar
Social Welfare Officers Pervaiz Ahmad Manager DETOX
Principal SE Special Education Grahnaz
Deputy Director HR Human Rights Rukhsana Umber
District Literacy Officer Abdul Wahab
Social Welfare, Special Education and Human Rights Department, Balochistan was established in 1962 with aims at providing better Social Environment by helping the neglected, handicapped and socially disadvantaged people. This aim is achieved through use of techniques and methods, which are designed to enable individuals, groups and communities to solve their problems and felt needs through cooperative actions relying on their own resources. Social welfare generally denotes the full range of organized activities of voluntary and governmental agencies that seek to prevent, alleviate, or contribute to the solution of recognized social problems, or to improve the well-being of individuals, groups, or communities. “In its narrowest sense, social welfare includes those nonprofit functions of society, public or voluntary, which are clearly aimed at alleviating distress and poverty or at ameliorating the conditions of the casualties of society”. (Dolgoff,R. & D.Feldstein) (1980):
United Nations Statement for Social Welfare:
“Social welfare as an organized function is regarded as a body of activities designed to enable individuals, families, groups and communities to cope with the social problems of changing conditions. But in addition to and extending beyond the range of its responsibilities for specific services, social welfare has a further function within the broad area of a country's social development. In this larger sense, social welfare should play a major role in contributing to the effective mobilization and deployment of human and material resources of the country to deal successfully with the social requirements of change, thereby participating in nation-building.”
“A socially and economically empowered society in Balochistan where the socially disadvantaged in particular, have access to an equitable social welfare system, and their wellbeing is protected through effective and citizen-centered service delivery.”
Social change is a constant and complex phenomenon. It requires slow, gradual and long term process through a strong policy framework because it involves changes in traditions, customs, folkways and socio-cultural patterns. The key challenges confronting the country are many and varied, poverty, ignorance, ill health, mal-nutrition, drug addiction and economic imbalance besides luring focus i.e. aberration from the right path of Deen. Social Welfare is concerned with the well-being and up lift of the community at large and the vulnerable groups in particular. Focus of programmes will be for the neglected, disadvantaged, under privileged and exploited section of our society, i.e. the Children, Women particularly the destitute, Aged, Disabled, Indigent, Beggars, Drugs Addicts etc. Social Welfare Department further includes the programmes to literate, educate and non-formally sequence the trends for development.
1. Creation of Social awareness among the people for identification of Social needs and their contribution to community development and Welfare programmes.
2. Exploration and exploitation of community resources at local level for launching Social Welfare programmes within the local Communities.
3. Development and extension of remedial, curative, vocational and rehabilitation services for handicapped, destitute and other socially oppressed groups.
4. To establish and develop Welfare activities for destitute women, orphans and homeless children. (Establishment of Industrial Training Centers & Welfare Homes).
5. To encourage developmental efforts on self-help basis through Community Development Projects.
6. To coordinate implementation of articles of CRC (Convention on the Rights of the Child).
7. Rehabilitation of drug addicts.
8. To literate, educate and non-formally sequence the trend for development.
9. To impart special education and skill training to blinds, dumb, deaf and physically handicapped and mentally retarded children.
10. Registration, professional guidance and financial assistance to voluntary Social Welfare agencies for strengthening, improving and promoting their activities, coordination amongst NGOs / Donors and concerned government departments.
11. To develop and promote local leadership and public participation and involvement of local communities at community level
According to Rules of Business 2011, Social Welfare and Bait-ul-Maal
Department perform following functions:
SSC in Teaching Hospital provides services to the needy patients in terms of
The department has registered
Phone # 0852-412930
Fax# 08520-414098District Set-up
Deputy Director => District In-charge
Social Welfare Officers=> In-charge of the centers